The Department of Arts and Humanities(DAH) in SVDC comprises of Arts (Commerce) and Humanities (Languages and Foundation Courses) is one of the main and core departments in SVDC. The Department was started in 1996 offering of Bachelors of Commerce (Computer Applications) with 10 students. This course takes an advantage of the inextricable link between commercial success and IT in today’s world. It provides the right blend of Commerce and Computer Sciences to give students the analytical & technical skills required in an increasingly competitive workplace.
Now the strength of the Department is having more than 350 students in all years together. The department has been performing extremely well in Curricular and Co-curricular activities that are enriching the students of B.Com I, II and III year Computer Applications.
The scholarly faculty team guides students at every step, motivating them to become worthy managers and administrators in the field. They engage in various forums to constantly upgrade their own skills and to ensure the students are well prepared to succeed.
Faculty of the Department
|1||Head of the Department|
|2||Faculty of Commerce||4|
|3||Faculty of English||4|
|4||Faculty of Telugu and Sanskrit||4|
Why B.Com. (C.A.) in SreeVidyanikethan Degree College?
- Pleasing and peaceful campus and ambiance of well nurtured greenery that intensifies the habit of learning and promotes higher studies and research.
- State-Of-The-Art and international standard Central library,equipped with thousands of books, articles, journals, magazines that are additional feeding to knowledgeacademic hungers.
- Highly disciplined environment to transmit the character of student, make them responsible citizens and develop positive attitudes and values to strengthen the personality traits among students.
- Advanced multimedia computer lab in the ratio of 1:1
- A separate placement and training centre to impart employable skills and devoted to conduct true campus placements.
- Ample scope for placements in reputed national and multinational companies.
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members striving for all-round developments of studentsto meet the challenges and growing needs of industry in global environment.
- Limited number of students per class as per S.V University norms.
- Industrial visits to gain practical understanding of subjects relevant to commerce and industry.
- Separate mentoring for students to participate in seminars, conferences, workshops etc.
- Training classes to instill employable skills apart from regular classes.
- Transport facility from every corner of Tirupati and surroundings.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls with predetermined diet program and secured environment.
- A devoted sports and games club to extract hidden talents of students, coach them to participate in university, state, national level sports events.
Placements achieved by Students
Students of III B.Com. – C.A. (2016-17) have grabbed the job opportunities in eminent companies with a good initial package. The brief list is given below:
|Name of the Company||No. ofStudents Placed||Package offered|
|Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS)||08||1.8 lakhs p.a.|
|Oppo Mobiles||04||1.5 lakhs p.a|
|Genpact||01||2.2 lakhs p.a|
|CTS||02||2.5 lakhs p.a.|
|TOTAL||15||Average of Rs 2 Lakhs p.a.|
Student Forums and Participations
Students Forums have been formed to acquire and develop unique skills that are required along with academics.
- Finance, Economy and Banking Forums
- Terminology Forum
- Career Guidance Forum
- Inspiration and Motivation Forum
- Creativity Forum
- Seminar Forum
Student’s Exposure to National and International Summits
|Class||Presentations at National Conference/Seminar||Presentations at International Conference/Seminar||TOTAL|