The Department of Chemical Sciences (DCS) offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in Chemistry and Biochemistry. These programs are designed in such a way that the students gain competitive knowledge and laboratory skills, which makes them readily employable in academic and industry sectors. Chemistry and Biochemistry form the foundation of almost every branch of modern science and technology. With the exponentially increasing demands in health, energy and environmental sectors, expertise in chemistry and biochemistry is becoming inevitable.
With a vision to provide value-based education, DCS is actively progressing with its commendable faculty strength and well-equipped infrastructure. DCS aims to impart rational thinking and analytical skills to its undergraduate and post-graduate students. The department has five doctorate faculties with research and teaching experience and three senior faculties with experience in teaching. At present, DCS is offering B.Sc. (MI.Bi.C.), M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) and M.Sc. (Analytical Chemistry).
- Pleasing and peaceful campus of well nurtured greenery that intensifies the habit of learning and promotes higher learning and research.
- State-Of-The-Art and international standard Central library, equipped with thousands of books, articles, journals, magazines that are additional feeding to knowledge hungers.
- Highly disciplined environment to transmit the character of student, make them responsible citizens and develop positive attitudes and values so as to strengthen the personality traits among students.
- Advanced multimedia computer lab in the ratio One student: One computer.
- A separate placement and training centre to impart employable skills and devoted to conduct true campus placements.
- Ample scope for placements in reputed national and multinational companies.
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members striving for all-round developments of studentto meet the challenges and growing needs of industry in global environment.
- Limited number of students per class as per S.V. University norms.
- Industrial visits to gain practical understanding of subjects relevant to industry.
- Separate mentoring for students to participate in seminars, conferences, workshops etc.
- Training classes to instill employable skills apart from regular classes.
- Transport facility from every corner of Tirupati and surroundings.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls with predetermined diet program and secured environment.
- A devoted sports and games club to extract hidden talents of students, coach them to participate in university, state, national level sports events.