The Department of Mathematical Sciences is one of the oldest departments deals with Courses B.Sc. with Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science (M.S.Cs) and Mathematics, Electronics & Computer Science (M.E.Cs) combinations which are started in the year 1996 and 2004 respectively. The PG (Mathematics) Program has started in the year 2012.
At present the department has total strength of 580 students. The department has well equipped laboratories to conduct practical and 22 faculty members who are well qualified, competent and experienced in rendering effective teaching.
The syllabi of the courses is revised by the S.V. University in the academic year 2015-2016 by introducing CBCS to meet the demand of the industry. The students undergoing the programs demand hold success in university examinations by constant pass percentage and distinctions.
The department has been adapting good teaching methods by using modern teaching equipments such as LCD Projectors and OHP to conduct Quizzes, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences and Assignments related to the course.
The faculty has been actively taking part in encouraging co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
The library of the college is well furnished with a number of titles and volumes of the courses taught under the department. The computer centre with 300 (120+120+60) computers connected with LAN and INTERNET serves all the academic needs of the students with speed of 100 MBPS.
The faculty is involved in counseling the students in academic and career pursuits by apprising them of the latest trends and demands in national and international level. The faculty and the students of the department actively involved through the NSS and NCC units of the college activities such as blood donation, health awareness camps and others.
52 students among the last batch of students got placed in different reputed MNC’S through campus placement. Many of the students adopt for higher education.
- K MURALI MOHAN, Lecturer in Computer Science, attended eight FDPs organized by SVEC and IIT Bombay.
- K MUNISANKAR, Lecturer in Computer Science,attended four FDPs organized by SVEC.
- V R DURGESWAR, Lecturer in Computer Science, attended four FDPs organized by SVEC.
- K ANJANEYULU, Lecturer in Computer Science,attended 5 FDPs organized by SVEC. He also presented 8 papers in National and International Conferences in Tamilnadu and published 1 paper in National and 1paper in International Journal. He got the best paper award in International Conference at Chennai.
- V SRAVANI, Lecturer in Computer Science,attended one FDPs organized by SVEC.
- P MANOHAR, HoD, DMS,attended National Level Seminar organized by SV University, Tirupati.
- B N NAVEEN KUMAR, Lecturer in Statistics, attended National Level Seminar organized by SV University, Tirupati.
- SV SUBRAMANYAM, Lecturer in Statistics, attended National Level Seminar organized by SV University, Tirupati.
- Ms SUSMITHA, of III MSCS participated SV University Volley Ball Tournament organized by SV University, Tirupati.
- Irfan of II B Sc is selected for SV University, Tirupati cricket team.
- The SVDC Cricket Team participated in SV University, Tirupati Cricket Tournamentand Eenadu Cricket Tournament conducted at Tirupati.
- During this academic year, the training classes were conducted for all first, second and third year students by the PAT Office of SVEC.
- To support further, the institution started training classes by APSSDC. They are also organizing job melas for the benefit of the students.
- Six students placed in CapGemini, one in Genpact, one in India Healthcare, two in Infosys, (ten altogether).
- The department organizes National Statistics Day and National Mathematics Day every year.
- The department is encouraging the students to participate in NCC and NSS activities.